- This event has passed.
LEGITIMULT Panel Discussion: Legitimate Crisis Governance for the Future
May 17 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
While the COVID-19 pandemic revealed that governments faced challenges to implement effective and legitimate solutions, it also taught us lessons that will allow us to be better prepared for the future -if only we take stock-. To this end, the LEGITIMULT research project analyses the impact and effectiveness of the measures taken during the COVID-19 crisis on the democratic functioning of 31 European countries.
We cordially invite you to the “LEGITIMULT: Legitimate crisis governance for the future” webinar, where we will provide policy makers, civil society, and academics a glimpse into the project and the contribution it hopes to make, including tools it aims to develop to have not only effective responses to future crises, but also measures that fundamentally respect and guarantee basic human rights and freedoms.
Presentation and welcome remarks
Introduction to LEGITIMULT (Francisco Javier Romero Caro, EURAC Research)
Panel discussion featuring…
- Susana Coroado, University of Antwerp
- Bilal Hassan, University of Bergen
- Soeren Keil, University of Fribourg
- Mario Kölling, Universidad de Educación a Distancia
- Mitja Zagar, Institute for Ethnic Studies
- Moderator: Miguel Angel Lara Otaola, International IDEA
Questions and answers
- May 17
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Event Categories:
- COVID-19, Democracy, Federalism, Webinar
- Zoom / Youtube
- View Venue Website